Friday, April 8, 2016

Reminiscing

Yes I am still alive and surviving going from 3 to 4. It's actually part of why I have been so absent the last few months. Just trying to survive.

I was just sitting here rocking Kendyl back to sleep. (She is my worst baby at sleeping but that's for another time) it's actually raining tonight here is AZ and I have my window open. There is something soothing about the sound and smell of the rain! It brings me back to when Clay and I were newlyweds. We lived in Port Angeles WA. It's crazy to think that was 10 yrs ago. I found myself feeling a little homesick for that time and place in our lives. We grew so much in those two years. We moved up there with only what we could pack in our car and the number of a lady in our church. We showed up at momma D's house and she welcomed us with open arms. The next day she helped us find a job for Clay and we got this little apartment. It's funny to think of that little place. It used to be a hotel so our apartment was like 2 hotel rooms ha ha but it was home. Other ward members for our church soon showed up with some furniture and we  bought our first bed an air mattress!!! In the middle of the night Clay would have to turn on the pump and pump it up ha ha it was all we needed. Eventually one of our new friends let us have her bed since she had a different one she was using. We used it the whole 2 yrs we were there! We were so blessed and there were a lot of other things that happened and people I met that I will always hold dear.

So now as I lay with my sleeping baby thinking about how far we have come I am feeling blessed again. We have 4 amazing and healthy kids. My husband has overcome an addiction and been able to stay clean for a year now. I get to stay home with my girls. I get to be involved in my boys school. I can pay it forward and serve others just like momma D and so many others have done for us. I do miss the days of just Clay and I and the simpler times. I wouldn't trade it but for tonight I  going to fall asleep thinking and reminiscing of the good old days!!!


That is where journey started from 3 to 4!

PS I am pretty sure one of my dear friends from WA is having her baby and that's why it's raining in AZ to let me know and feel like I am there with her!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...I miss Port Angeles too! We loved our time there with you and Clay!

    ReplyDelete